SO many Spooktacular Ways to Celebrate Halloween With Your Little Ones!
There are several Halloween Activities leading up to the big day! If you are still looking for some spooky fun before Halloween arrives, see below!
1) Zoo Boo– This one is perfect for little kiddos! A fun night at the Detroit Zoo. Walk around their festively decorated trail. Animal exhibits also open for view. Bring a treat bag, stop along the way for some trick-or-treating! Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until Halloween. Pre-Register.
2) Hallowe’en in Greenfield Village– Stroll through Greenfield Village and experience magical encounters with more than 50 costumed characters- including pirates, a mad scientist, Hansel and Gretel, and Dorothy and the Wicked Witch. Along the way you will be entertained by mini shows/performances. It is really a site to see! Great for older kiddos (and adults!) too. Enjoy hot brews and snacks, live music, and more than 1,000 hand carved jack-o-lanterns. Look out for the headless horseman galloping around the field at the end- yikes! This also has a trick-or-treating element, and bags are provided to you. Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until Halloween. Pre-Register.
3) Monster Mash at the Community House– Friday, October 25th, 5:30-8:30pm. Little ones ages 3 and up will have a fun night of dancing, playing games, and making a Halloween craft. Pizza will be served! Children can wear their Halloween costume or comfortable clothing. Register ahead of time by calling 248-644-5832.
4) Halloween Science at the Cranbrook Science Center- Saturday October 26th, 6:30-9pm. Spooky not scary Halloween celebration, with over 20-science based activities, experiments, demonstrations, and more! This is a nice way to experience Halloween fun in an indoor setting. Dress in costume. Pre register by Friday, Oct 25th.
5) Spooky Monster Magic Show, at the Baldwin Public Library. Sunday October 27th, 3-3:45pm. Gordon Russ the magician will have a special Spooky Magic Halloween Show. All ages. Registration required. Call 248-647-1700. Take your littles and then head right outside for the Birmingham Halloween Parade (See #7)!
6) Birmingham Farmers Market Trick-or Treating: Live music, a pumpkin craft, pumpkin carving demonstration, and trick-or-treating around the stands! Get your produce from all of our amazing farmers, and celebrate the last day of the market.
7) After the market you can head on over to the Birmingham Pumpkin Patch and Halloween Parade– in Shain Park: Kids activities and music from 1-4pm. Dress the kids in costume. At 4pm they can march in the Halloween parade!
(Throw back to my favorite picture of Drew and his buddy Henry, at the Birmingham Halloween Parade, 2013)