This one is for the girls! Mother’s day is approaching and I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites around town. I have such a love for our community and the local businesses so if you’re looking for something to do, something to shop for and spoil yourself with here are some great options!
- Urban Wick Candle Bar – (Downtown Birmingham): Scent your space with over 90+ scents that you can create and customize yourself. Make it a girls night or a mommy daughter night and you won’t be disappointed.
- Arm Candy – (Downtown Birmingham): Sweet, original and unique, stacking and layering jewelry, fine and fun. Endless options. My daughters favorite place to go for gifts for her girlfriends and my favorite place to continue to arm stack of bracelets.
- Beauty Culture Med Spa – (Bloomfield Hills): I discovered this gem during quarantine and it has quickly become a staple in my beauty routine. Jessica and Michelle are truly amazing and their staff is the best. Botox, Lasers, Derma Fillers, EmoScultp… you name it, they are the experts at it.
- Birmingham Roast (Downtown Birmingham): This has become a staple for our family. Off Old Woodward it’s got some additional space for kids to make it a bit more comfy for them plus, a large outdoor space and delicious espresso and food!
- PAINT Nail Bar (Downtown Birmingham): Who doesn’t love good nail art, a clean nail salon and a mimosa or rose while you pamper yourself. This non-toxic nail bar offers it all. We also did a small celebration for my daughter’s 7th birthday with some friends and they had a blast and were so accommodating.
- Prim + Plush and Plush Laser (Birmingham): Sarah the owner/founder is absolutely amazing! Plush Laser is new and offers hair removal and just in Laser Facials with no downtime! You may know her from Prim + Plush where they have quickly become the expert in brows and lashes. I would put this one on your list. 2 ways to treat yourself – $150 off laser hair removal / $99 laser facial!
- DryBar (Downtown Birmingham): Who doesn’t love a good hair blow out, a wash and style. A staple and a favorite around here for sure! I’ve been meaning to taking in 7 year old for some mom and daughter time. Or… even better, girls night out happy hour then dinner after.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms! It truly is the hardest job.