It’s almost Fall, y’all! If you’re mourning the end of summer marg season, you’ll love this tasty transitional cocktail from Alston and Leigh, the talented duo behind Habitual Hostess. Start with a high quality apple cider you can grab when you’re apple-picking. “The better ingredients you use, the better your food and drink will taste—especially for cocktails!” says Alston. And if you’re having a larger event, this recipe can easily be multiplied and made in batches. “We even set up a rimming station next to our pitcher. Put some honey on one shallow plate and the cinnamon/sugar/salt mixture on another. Self-serve and everyone is happy!” says Leigh.
- 2 oz reposado tequila
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 2 oz unfiltered apple cider
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Maple syrup for rimming the glass
Apple slices for garnish
- Dip the glass in maple syrup, then the sugar, salt, cinnamon mixture.
- Combine all drink ingredients in a shaker filled with ice.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass and garnish with apple slices.