Soup season is ramping up, and this Cozy Coconut, Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Spiced Soup is like Fall in a bowl. “This soup is both light but still tastes so satisfying and creamy (without the cream!). Kids love it because it’s got a sweet and cocanutty flavor and I love it because I can sneak some super foods into what they’re eating without an argument,” says Katie Witten, the mom and recipe creator behind Witten Kitchen.
Short on time? Katie says to just poke holes in your potato and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften. And for picky eaters, reduce the spices – or even eliminate the ginger, cumin and all space and try two teaspoons of cinnamon instead.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 pear, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. ground all spice
- To Garnish: chile oil (to add some spice), coconut flakes, or basil
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and bake until cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Add more coconut milk or water if it seems too thick. Taste and season with salt if need be.
- Prepare and store in the refrigerate for up to 1 week. Freeze for up to 1 month.